Motor vehicle accidents

Ward Keller can help people who have been involved in a motor vehicle accident.

All NT motor vehicle accident claims are first processed through the government’s Motor Accident Compensation Scheme. This is administered by the Motor Accidents (Compensation) Commission, also known as the TIO, and covers everyone injured or killed in a motor vehicle accident in the Territory.

We generally get involved when the claimant’s claim is not accepted or there is a dispute about an entitlement.

Ward Keller’s litigation team assists clients to make an application to the Motor Accidents Compensation Tribunal following a dispute.

We also handle motor vehicle property damage proceedings in the both the Local and Supreme courts.

If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, or your property has been damaged or someone close to you has died, Ward Keller can help.

Costs arrangements

Ward Keller also offers tailored costs arrangements in some cases, e.g. ‘no win, no fee’ arrangements.

We understand the effect of legal costs on our clients’ verdicts, and so we take time to help clients understand how legal costs are calculated and whether there is likely to be a significant benefit as a result of using our services.