Sarah Dowd joined Ward Keller as a Graduate Clerk in December 2016 after completing her law degree at the University of Adelaide. Sarah grew up in Darwin but completed high school in Adelaide as a boarding student before returning home to Darwin after completing her university studies.
With experience in commercial litigation and criminal law, Sarah has recently made the move into Ward Keller’s family law and criminal team.
‘Ward Keller has always been the firm I wanted to work for when I returned home thanks to the variety of work the firm undertakes. I’ve been very fortunate to start my career in commercial litigation before moving to Ward Keller’s criminal and family law team.’
In criminal law, Sarah helps clients to achieve the best possible outcome when facing criminal charges, including drugs charges, traffic offences and offences against the person. She also assists clients with their family law matters.
Outside work, Sarah shoots off to travel any chance she gets, recently returning from holidays to Sri Lanka, Canada and Iceland. Outside of work, Sarah enjoys swimming and keeping active.
Areas of Law
- Criminal law and Family law.
Qualifications & Memberships
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Adelaide
- Bachelor of Arts (History, Politics & International Studies), University of Adelaide
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law
- Admitted as a legal practitioner in the Northern Territory (2017)
- President, Northern Territory Young Lawyers