Property settlements

Following the breakdown of a relationship or marriage the parties will need to work out how to divide their property and debts.

It is always advisable they reach an agreement and obtain either Consent Orders or a Financial Agreement recording that agreement. If the parties cannot reach an agreement they may need to apply to the Family Law Courts for an order.

In circumstances where a spouse is transferring property to the other spouse pursuant to Consent Orders, a Financial Agreement or an order of the court the spouse acquiring the property will usually not pay stamp duty on the transfer. This can represent a saving of thousands of dollars.

Ward Keller’s family law team can assist you with your property settlement.

Our family law team offers an initial consultation at a reduced cost $110 for the first 30 minutes. Any costs beyond the initial consultation will be discussed with you at the conclusion of your attendance.

If you would like to make an appointment for an initial consultation please contact Sarah Kelly on 89462982.