Parenting matters

Following the breakdown of a relationship or marriage parents will need to work out the living arrangements of their children. It is always advisable to obtain a parenting order recording those arrangements from the Family Law Courts either by Consent Orders or by an application to the court if the parents cannot agree. As the name suggests a parenting order is a set of orders made by a court about parenting arrangements for a child.

A parenting order may deal with:

  • who the child will live with;
  • how much time the child will spend with each parent and with other people, such as grandparents;
  • the allocation of parental responsibility;
  • how the child will communicate with a parent they do not live with, or other people; and/or
  • any other aspect of the care, welfare or development of the child.

Ward Keller’s family law team can assist you to obtain a parenting order either by agreement or by an application to the Family Law Courts.

Our family law team offers an initial consultation at a reduced cost $110 for the first 30 minutes. Any costs beyond the initial consultation will be discussed with you at the conclusion of your attendance.

If you would like to make an appointment for an initial consultation please contact Sarah Kelly on 89462982.