Planning ahead to make sure the people you care about will be protected financially is very important.
An estate plan gives you control over the future of your estate. It helps make sure your assets are distributed to your beneficiaries in the way you intend, and as tax efficiently as possible.
It also clearly sets out your instructions on who will make future decisions on your behalf and on behalf of your children.
Ward Keller has one of the largest estate planning practices in the Northern Territory. It’s split into two areas: wills and estates.
In our wills practice we prepare both simple and complex wills. This includes trusts such as life interests, protective trusts and testamentary trusts.
In our estates practice we prepare probate and manage the administration of estates, including estates involving overseas assets or beneficiaries.
Our estate planning practice can provide advice in the areas of:
- estate planning
- estate disputes.
We also have significant experience in wills and estate litigation, such as:
- applications by next of kin where there is no will
- applications by executors where the will has not been made properly
- claims against estates under the Family Provision Act
- claims involving the mental capacity of a will maker
- claims involving breach of trust by an executor/trustee
- claims involving the interpretation of a will.
We invite you to use our sophisticated Online Estate Planning Tool to begin thinking about the crucial decisions you will make, and provide us with your background information.