Stella Noor joined Ward Keller in December 2017 as a legal secretary and gained experience in the Mining and Resources team as a law clerk while completing her law degree at Charles Darwin University.
Admitted in December 2020, Stella now practices in the energy, mining, pastoral, Aboriginal land, native title, associations and corporations area of law within the Mining and Resources division. Stella supports senior lawyers and partners in a wide variety of matters, including commercial property leasing, settlements of pastoral and commercial land sales, due diligence reporting, and legal research and analysis.
Stella enjoys being involved in the firm’s legal work. ‘I find the work challenging yet thoroughly interesting.’
Born in Paddington NSW, Stella moved to Darwin at the tender age of 14 months and has lived in Darwin all her life. She is also a huge fan of the Carlton Football Club and is an avid believer that they will make the grand final, one day.
Outside work (if she ever makes it, because she practically ‘lives at the firm’), Stella volunteers for Darwin Community Legal Service and Top End Womens Legal Service, which provide free legal services to members of the community as she believes access to justice is important because it is an essential element to the rule of law.
Stella also loves a good book, occasionally enjoys a well done G&T, and does a bit of yoga.
Areas of Law
- commercial law
- mining, energy and resources
- pastoral and agribusiness
- native title and Aboriginal land law
Qualifications & Memberships
- Admitted to practise in the Northern Territory (2020)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, the College of Law (2020)
- Bachelor of Laws, Charles Darwin University (2020)
- Member, Asian Australian Lawyers Association (2021)
- Member, Northern Territory Women Lawyers' Association (2021)
- Member, Law Society of the Northern Territory (2021)
- Member, Northern Territory Young Lawyers (2021)